Friday, December 4, 2015

My Main Man


I have to give a shout out to Dean at Advanced Auto, he came through again. This time I needed a rear seal for the front rotors, a $4 item. I go into Advanced and get assisted by another employee, not to throw her under the bus, but after all of five minutes, she gave up. Telling me that there were way too many boxes to look through, she said good day. I knew I had an ace in the hole, so I pulled it out.... " is Dean working?". She said sure, go to the back of the store and see him. 

If you have been following my posts, you know he is a parts guru who was able to identify all my brake parts after over an hour of detective work. 

I see Dean and show him the part, no surprise, he finds the correct part after only a few minutes. This time the part is to a 69 Chevy II. He says to me "come on, you got to make this harder for me" I LOVE THIS GUY!!!!!!!

I plan to do some work on the 55 Sunday. 
  • Install radiator
  • Install heater core and heater box
  • Rebuild front rotors
  • Install calipers and hydraulic hoses
  • Install new climate control cables.
That should get me up to date on everything that is torn apart. I will need to run new stainless steel brake lines and install a new Master cylinder to complete the brake work.

No comments:

Post a Comment