Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Birthday!!!

My schedule has kept me away from the 55 for a few weeks, so i am really excited to get back to work.

I am not a big social media nut, but i do use facebook and every once in a while it pays off big.  I belong to several classic chevy groups and one day i caught a post by another 55 owner that lead to some good info regarding my 55.  The person posted the birth date of his 55. That got me to thinking, could i find out the day my 55 was built??

I was surprised how quickly i was able to locate production documents for 1955. That, coupled with decoding my VIN number, i was able to determine the following: My 55 was built on Friday, May 20th 1955 sometime in the morning at the Baltimore Maryland plant.


Decoded VIN: B=55, C=B, D=133571

 
 

Production sheet:
The last VIN on Thursday the 19th was 133560 and the last VIN on the 20th was 134349. That means they produced 789   55 chevys on Friday and since my VIN would have been the 11th car produced that day, it is safe to guess it would have been early in the morning.  What is really cool is, the document also shows the days the plant was down for repairs or to change out tooling.... Check out the full document below. You can also see 56 and 57

http://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70517

No comments:

Post a Comment