Saturday, October 24, 2015

Relax, this won't hurt:

Today the goal was to drain and remove the radiator, drain the gas tank, and remove the heater core. 

Radiator:
Surprisingly, there was little fluid left in the radiator, the hard part was removing the hoses. The lower hose needed more persuasion to come off.


Heater core:
The heater core took considerably longer. The firewall had to be modified so the big blocks valve covers would fit. This pushed back the firewall making the heater box a tight fit.



 After two hours, the heater box came out and when I pulled the heater core...... Guess what..... It looks brand new. I then realized that the car was only driven in the summer, so the heater was never used. I plan on having both the radiator and heater core checked and pressure tested.


Gas tank:
I don't know if it is good or bad, but it seems that their may be no gas in the tank. What little gas was there smelled OK and was not discolored, so I may not have to deal with a varnished tank. I will know more when I drop the tank.


No comments:

Post a Comment