Friday, April 1, 2016

Rear end version 2.0

In a previous post, I detailed the rear end, using KBS to coat the carrier and axle housing. I liked it but I felt it was too glossy; I was after a flat black appearance. I did some more research and landed on a 2K paint system from the Eastwood Company. This product has a cylinder inside the paint can that contains the activator, so it essentially acts as a 2 part paint sprayed from a spay gun, but in an aerosol can.  The can has a red button that you take off and place on the underside of the can, you press down and it breakers the inner cartridge that hold the activator. The only down side it that it has a shelf life of 48 hours once the cartridge is punctured. You also have to shake the can and clear the nozzle between coats.  I choose their “under hood black” it has a nice low gloss / dull finish.  I think it came out well.













I also detailed all the rear end hardware and sway bar hardware. 





No comments:

Post a Comment