Sunday, March 6, 2016

Rear end

I picked up the rear end and drive shaft, I had a local company Drive Line Services of Pittsburgh service it. Everything checked out fine, I had them replace the universal joints and they balanced the drive shaft. I found a product that is applied to frames that creates a rock hard yet flexible finish that is resistant to all fluids. KBS Black Top.

https://www.kbs-coatings.com/blacktop.html

I decided to use it to detail the rear end, carrier, and drive shaft. The carrier i did in Red Oxide, factory color.














I mocked up the the brakes to see how the color of the rotor and caliper looked. I am thinking I may coat the calipers the same red oxide as the rear end carrier.





I also decided to color fill the "HURST" on the shifter.





When the rear end was at the shop I had them tell me the gear ratio (3.70), so I could get the correct speedometer gear for the transmission. Using an online calculator, I was able to determine I need a 24 tooth gear. 

Calculator - http://www.5speeds.com/calculators/SpeedoCalc.html

I ordered the gear and a new speedometer cable bullet.



4 comments: