Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Drive Shaft

Continuing with the detailing process, i tackled the drive shaft. Being selective with the colors i change, will really bring out the character of the car. 











The material i have on now is a rust barrier, i am waiting on the KBS Black Top to arrive today. It acts as a cover, curing to a rock hard yet flexible finish.  I decided to go OEM satin black, as it would have been from the factory, so the gloss black parts will have that cool satin black look. 

I recommend this product to anyone who wants to create an impenetrable finish on parts.  This product covers well, a little goes a long way.  Since i will have left over material, i plan to coat the inside of mower decks to my push and riding lawnmower.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Bill. I came across your blog a couple of months ago and bookmarked it, not being sure if it was an active blog or not. It appears that it--and you--are very much active. I'm restoring my own '55 right now, and I thought you might like to see how another project is going compared to yours. The address is http://1955resurrection.blogspot.com/
    Take a look when you find some time and let me know what you think.
    Jerry M.

    ReplyDelete