Sunday, November 8, 2015

Don't jinks me!

I am pleasantly surprised with the progress so far. Every second I spend wrenching on the '55 brings me closer to my dad, I just wish he was here so we could work on it together. Also, it has been years since I had a car that was this easy to work on. I am really getting back to my roots. As a teenager, adjusting points on a distributor, adjusting timing, and packing bearings was a normal weekend for me.

Finding all of the brake hardware, thanks to Dean at Advance Auto on rt 8 in Gibsonia, was a seriuos hurdle to clear. I picked up the new calipers, hoses, and bearings. I will need to get new hard lines and a master cylinder to make sure no more particles are in the system. Still thinking of going to power brakes..... Thinking.




The radiator and heater core were inspected, pressure tested, and passed with flying colors. Another smart move my dad made was to add a fourth core to the radiator. I will have no issues with cooling. A fresh coat of black paint makes them so pretty! The radiator is going to look so bad ass against the turquoise.




None of this would be possible without the love and support of my wife and my mom. I can't wait to get the car done so I can share it with them and take my mom for a ride!




No comments:

Post a Comment