Saturday, February 27, 2016

Sway Bar and Motor

Time to reinstall the front sway bar, new sway bar end links (urethane) and front shocks.



 
 
 


After spending all that time cleaning and painting the suspension components, I was disappointed to see how easily the paint chipped. I thought the high temp engine paint would have held up better. I am going to switch to a chassis paint.



I spent some time cleaning under the car, a lot of grease and grime accumulated above the rear end. Some Simple Green, did the trick. In the months to follow, I will detail the entire chassis and undercarriage.

Before:



After:



I will clean the entire undercarriage. As you could tell from the sway bar pics, the front end will need a real scrub down.


I decided to put the motor back together, to get the parts out of the trunk but also so I can connect the motor puller to the heads. Boy did that make a difference, I almost forgot I couldn't fire it up.











No comments:

Post a Comment